Post-Doc Position Available
Center for Injury Research and Policy
Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
The Center for Injury Research and Policy, located in The Research Institute of Nationwide Children's Hospital, is seeking applicants for a post-doctoral fellow in injury epidemiology. The center (www.injurycenter.org) is one of 10 CDC-funded Injury Control Research Centers.
- Contact: Motao.Zhu@NationwideChildrens.org
- Start date: summer or fall 2017
- PhD in epidemiology, transportation, or a related field.
- Experience in research with peer-reviewed articles.
- Experience in injury and violence prevention research is desirable.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Develop first-authored and co-authored articles in transportation safety in areas such as cell phone use while driving, traffic laws, health disparities, and drug and alcohol involvement.
- Provide direct support to NIH- and CDC-funded studies
o NIH R21: A phone app to reduce cell phone usage among young drivers: a pilot study
o CDC R21: Disparities in cell phone law effectiveness across population subgroups and geographic regions
o NIH R01: Licensing laws, mobility, and traffic safety among older adults
- Assist in data analysis.
- Assist in grant writing and preparation.
- Conduct and coordinate research with the collaborators at Ohio State University College of Public Health, College of Medicine, College of Engineering, and Crash Imminent Safety University Transportation Center.
Location and funds for tuition, conference, and pilot project
- Columbus is the fifteenth largest city in the U.S. with metropolitan attractions and nearby suburban/rural comfort.
- Tuition assistance for courses at Ohio State University and national workshops.
- Funds for national conferences.
- Funds for pilot projects.