Injury Prevention Professionals Needed!
Join an award winning team as it sets the pace for injury prevention and trauma care in the rapidly developing Middle East country of Qatar!
The Injury Prevention Program at the Hamad General Hospital Trauma Center needs two experienced injury prevention professionals to conduct ground breaking research and implement programs to help prevent unnecessary deaths and injuries from trauma. Two positions are available
Injury Prevention Assistant Director
Responsibilities: Assists the Director for Injury Prevention to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate Injury Prevention Programs
- Provides public education and engagement;
- Analyze, trend and report injury data to diverse stakeholders;
- Plan and manage public health programs and coordinate with local and global partners
Salary Range: 37,560 -71,826 USD annual, tax-free, & based on qualifications
Employment Benefits: free housing; free health insurance; transportation allowance
- Essential: MD and/or equivalent
- Preferred: Master of Public Health Degree (MPH) and/or PhD (Doctor of Public Health)
- Essential: 3-5 years
- Preferred: Direct patient care and/or public health, or healthcare project management with one year research or clinical or community work experience. Previous peer-reviewed academic publication.
Languages: Fluent in English [essential] and Arabic [preferred].
Computer Skills: Experience with statistical software packages (I.e SPSS) preferred
Injury Prevention Coordinator
Responsibilities: Assists the Injury Prevention Director & Assistant Director in the conduct, coordination, delivery and day-to-day oversight of the Injury Prevention Programs
- Provides public education and outreach
- Assists in data analysis, trending and reporting
Salary: 23,000 -43,000 USD; tax-free, & based on qualifications
Employment Benefits: housing allowance; free health insurance; transportation allowance
- Essential: Bachelors Degree in a health-related field Preferred: Medical Doctor Degree (MD) and/or Master of Public Health Degree (MPH)
- Essential: 2-3 years
- Preferred: Clinical internship plus one year research or clinical or field (community care) experience. Previous peer-reviewed academic publication.
Languages: English [essential intermediate] and Arabic [preferred intermediate].
If interested in either position, please send a letter of interest and CV to:
Rafael J. Consunji MD MPH,
Director, Hamad Injury Prevention Program
Consultant, Trauma Surgery Section
Department of Surgery, Hamad General Hospital